If your child is experiencing a life-threatening emergency, dial 911 now.
When should I take my child to the emergency room?
- Unexplained fever in children less than 6 months old
- Your child has had a change in mental status (sleepy, disoriented, confused).
- Your child has a cut that won’t stop bleeding.
- Your child has a stiff neck along with a fever.
- Your child has a rapid heartbeat that doesn’t slow down.
- Your child accidentally ingests a poisonous substance or too much medication.
- Your child has had more than minor head trauma